Our staff is uniquely trained and highly skilled, and we strive to provide energetic and fun-loving service to each patient. Our staff consists of team members with specialized training and multiple certifications, and each one of our team members has years of experience in treating patients with the highest level of care. We strive to stay abreast of the very latest in technology and advances by regularly attending continuing education courses and seminars.
To experience the difference that only a well-trained, professional and courteous team can deliver, schedule your appointment with our office today!
- Position in Practice: Clinic Coordinator
- Job Description: Courtney is the first person our new patients will see. She assists Dr. Woods in the new patient exam, explains the treatment to the parent and patient and makes financial arrangements for the treatment. She is the patient liasion for the practice, guiding our patients and parents through all aspects of their treatment. She was also and Orthodontic Technician for our practice
- Years of Employment: 3 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Getting to interact with the patients every day and seeing the look on their face when they see their new smile!
- Bio: Courtney has two dogs and a pet turtle. Courtney says that her animals are like her babies. When not working, she enjoys reading, shopping and hanging out with her friends and family. She received her certificate in Dental Assisting from Wytheville Community College.
- Position in Practice: Orthodontic Technician specializing in Braces Removal
- Job Description: Jennifer removes the orthodontic appliances and reveals the beautiful new smile! She makes the impressions for the retainers and fabricates the Essix (clear retainers) and bonded retainers.
- Years of Employment: 16 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Loves the end results of orthodontic treatment. Jennifer says "I love the excitement of my job!"
- Bio: Jennifer has two grown sons and a brand new daughter in law. She loves to camp, fish, play horseshoes and cornhole. She also loves to watch football and NASCAR racing.
- Position in Practice: Lab Tech
- Job Description: Fabricates retainers and small orthodontic appliances. Jill trims the orthodontic models for case study
- Years of Employment: 40 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Working with a team of great people
- Bio: Jill has lived in Marion, VA her entire life except for 7 months. She lived in Richmond Virginia, but missed Southwest Virginia so she came back home to marry her husband Dennis. They have two children and one grandson. Jill is am a self-taught painter and loves to sew. Jill is an animal lover with three dogs and two cats. Jill has worked in all aspects of our practice, from the front desk to the clinic but loves working in our lab because of the challenge of constructing the appliances.
- Position in Practice: Scheduling Coordinator
- Job Description: You will see Karen at the front desk greeting patients, answering the phone and scheduling appointments. She coordinates appointments with other doctors.
- Years of Employment: 20 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Karen loves getting to know the patients and parents. Her goal is to know everyone by name when they walk in our door. She also loves seeing the smiles when they see what orthodontics has done for them.
- Bio: Karen lives in Sugar Grove, VA. she has two children, Greg and Hope and three grandchildren, Kayla, Hayley and Maddox. She is passonaite about playing dominoes with her neighbors! She enjoys reading and spending time with her family and friends.
Linda McCloskey, CDA
- Position in Practice: Practice Manager/Financial Coordinator
- Job Description: Linda handles the financial aspects of the practice such as filing insurance, financial contracts and collections. She also handles payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables and assists Dr. Woods on day to day operations of the practice. Linda has also worked as an Orthodontic Technician and Treatment Coordinator in our practice
- Years of Employment: 10 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Getting to know the patients and seeing the difference we make in their smile.
- Bio: Linda has been married for 24 years and has three children and a dog. She received a technical certificate in Dental Assisting from Boise State University. She enjoys exercising, spending time with her family and loves to travel.
- Position in Practice: Clinic Coordinator/ Orthodontic Technician
- Job Description: Marcia is our senior assistant and manages our clinic and handles the patient flow to ensure our patients are given the best of care. She trains and mentors our new orthodontic technicians. Marcia also handles our inventory and supply purchasing
- Years of Employment: 19 years
- Favorite Thing About Working for Woods Orthodontics: Talking with our patients!
- Bio: Marcia enjoys trail riding Tennessee Walking Horses. She is a HUGE fan of the Dallas Cowboys! She loves to talk to people and enjoys music. She has a daughter, Megan, and a grandson Zander. She has a dog named Dixie and a 38-pound cat named Garfield!